Am I a good candidate for hair transplantation surgery?
As long as their pattern has stabilized, men whose hair loss has advanced to class 3 or above on the Norwood Scale are often ideal candidates for hair transplant surgery. You are probably also an excellent candidate if your hair loss has been getting worse for the past five years.
Which methods are used for hair transplantation?
(FUT): It was the world’s first recognized and standardized technique for hair transplantation. The steps in this technique are as follows:
- Follicular extraction: The physician takes a 6 to 10 inch strip of the patient’s scalp that contains hair follicles. Typically, the scalp’s back is used to remove this strip.
- Graft fragmentation: The donor strip region is then surgically stitched. The donor follicular strip is then divided into several smaller pieces known as grafts by medical professionals. A donor’s scalp can be divided into 2,000 grafts, some of which may only have a single hair.
The recipient location is prepared by the physician by making a tiny incision there with a knife or needle.
- Grafting: Next, smaller fragments of follicles are skillfully placed into the incision. The surgical areas are closed with bandage or gauze once the donor hair follicle has been entirely
(FUE): In comparison to FUT, there is a major difference in the extraction or harvest of hair follicles.
- Extraction: Using this technique, the doctor first shaves the donor area before removing the hair follicles from the donor scalp individually. A circular segment of the extraction procedure in FUE has a diameter of 0.7 mm to 0.8 mm.
- Grafting: Similar to the FUT operation, the doctor creates a tiny circular hole at the recipient location and inserts the donor hair follicles. The surgeon then covers the surgical area with gauze or a bandage.
How long does a hair transplant procedure take?
Although the process of hair transplantation treatment varies according to the patient’s donor area and the size of the balding area, it requires 8 or 14 hours of work. In most cases, this involves treating on 2 separate days rather than working long hours. You can also get an online consultation by sending us the picture of your hair. Thus, you can find out how long your treatment will take and how much it will cost on average.
What is the recovery/healing time after the treatment?
Following the important hair transplant procedure, you will be given a number of recommendations based on the density of the transplants. These recommendations are essential for achieving the finest results and recuperating as fast as possible. For the first several days, you shouldn’t let the hair near any water.
On the other hand, the day after you are notified, you can wash as instructed while using the recommended shampoo. The healing process takes 8 to 10 weeks, however the recovery period lasts around 10 days. In post-operative hair transplantation, 10 months or 1 year must pass before the final results become visible.
From which area are hair taken for the hair transplantation?
In hair transplantation treatments, the back of the hair is often used. The hair on the nape consists of strong roots that do not tend to fall out. In this case, the hair of patients who plan to have a hair transplant is usually provided with grafts in this area. You can read our content to get more information about hair transplantation.
Can there be hair loss after a transplant?
Following hair transplantation, temporary hair loss is frequent. This is a brief adverse effect from the hair restoration procedure.
Two to eight weeks following surgery, it’s typical for the hair that was transplanted to fall out as a result of shock. The third month following transplantation is often when hair starts to thin down. The transplanted follicles start to grow hair normally once the shock has worn off. Your hair will appear more luscious and healthy as your transplanted hair grows.
What are the important factors for hair transplantation?
- Selecting a right doctor: It goes without saying that the first consideration in any medical operation is a doctor who is qualified to perform. By increasing the number of procedures conducted and the number of patients to be treated, the doctor’s expertise helps manage a variety of situations better and forecast the outcome in hair transplantation. increase professional experience
- Choosing the appropriate method: The key to the operation’s success is selecting the best hair transplant procedure for the patient, which is done in conjunction with an expert specialist. However, it is well recognized that methods like FUE and FUT are appropriate for the majority of patients.
- Remove the graft without causing damage: Whether a graft is removed using FUE or FUT, appropriate care must be taken to preserve its integrity. This is carried out to protect the graft. Each follicular unit must also have the appropriate graft location.
What is the success of hair transplantation?
Success rates in hair transplantation vary. For this reason, patients need to do a good research to get successful hair transplant treatment. Otherwise, the treatment results may be bad. You can also contact us to get successful hair transplant treatment in Turkey. Thus, as a result of your treatments, you can get natural-looking treatments with a high success rate. You can also contact us to get affordable and successful hair transplant treatments in Turkey.
What kind of process awaits me after the operation?
After the treatment, your recovery process awaits you. As mentioned above, your scalp will be sensitive during the first 10 days. In this process, you should act in accordance with the instructions given by your doctor. You will also be given instructions on washing and feeding. After the treatment, your hair will go through a process called shock shedding in an unclear process. Then your hair will grow back. Therefore, you shouldn’t have to worry about it. The regrown hair will be permanent.
Does the procedure hurt?
During hair transplantation, your scalp will be anesthetized. Therefore, it will not be a painful procedure. After the treatment, the effect of the given drug will wear off. When the effect of the drug wears off, you will not be hurt, but your scalp will be itchy. Therefore, you may feel a little uncomfortable.
Are there any complications from surgery?
Hair transplant treatment often results without any problems. However, in some cases, patients may experience the following;
- Nausea and vomiting from general anesthesia
- Sore throat
- Soreness, pain, and swelling around the incision site
- Restlessness and sleeplessness
- Constipation and gas
How long will it take to see the results of my transplant?
It may take up to 1 year to see clear results after hair transplant treatment. Therefore, you must be patient. For the first results, 6 months will be enough.