Hair loss is an issue faced by many, but thankfully dietary solutions for maintaining a healthy head of hair can be found in delicious, nutrient-rich foods. Here is a list of foods to consume regularly to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth:
- Eggs: Rich in protein, biotin and iron, eggs are ideal for maintaining strong, healthy hair. In particular, biotin helps to promote healthy hair growth and reduces breakage of hair strands.
- Berries: All types of berries are packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. These vitamin C-rich fruits are essential for healthy hair follicles and scalp, as well as for cell regeneration and growth of healthy, strong strands.
- Spinach: High in vitamin A and iron, spinach is an excellent source of the powerhouse antioxidant lutein, which helps reduce inflammation and advances healthy blood flow. This helps hair growth by improving circulation of vital hormones and oxygen to scalp and hair follicles.
- Almonds: Loaded with vitamin E and magnesium, almonds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and B-complex vitamins. These are essential for preserving scalp health, preventing dandruff, lubricating hair strands and improving hair elasticity and shine.
- Avocados: High in healthy monounsaturated fat, this creamy, rich fruit is a great way to boost levels of iron and oleic acid, which build strong follicles, support a healthy scalp and benefit overall hair growth.
- Fatty fish: Oily fish such astuna,salmonand mackerel are packed with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, which are essential for nourishing the scalp, improving circulation and increasing thickness of hair strands.
- Sweet potatoes: Full of beta-carotene and other phytonutrients, sweet potatoes help protect against inflammation and oxidative stress, improving scalp health and promoting greater volume and healthier strands.
- Sunflower seeds: High in vitamin E and B, sunflower seeds can help protect against damage from the sun and other environmental stressors. They are also excellent sources of zinc, magnesium and selenium, which promote cell growth on the scalp and protect against shedding.
By including these nutrient-rich foods in your regular diet, it is possible to slow hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
Do you have a lot of hair loss and can’t prevent it? You can contact us for hair transplant fees and prp treatments.