Facts and Statistics about Obesity and Overweight
Major Facts about Obesity
- According to the world’s statistics, obesity kills more than hunger today.
- Obesity is three times more than in 1976.
- People that were older than 17 years old were overweight in 2015. There were 645 million obese in the world back then. This means that 40% of people that were older than 17 were overweight and 14% of them were obese.
- 345 million children between 6 and 20-year-old were fat and obese in 2017.
- In 2018, 36 million children younger than 6 were either fat or obese.
- Actually, people can restrain obesity.
Facts about Obesity to Restrain It
The causes of obesity, which include an unhealthy diet, inactivity, some common medications, and genetics, should be understood in order to prevent obesity. Persons who are around obese and overweight people, therefore, have a significant impact on their lives. They can either assist people in making healthy or bad decisions. Eating healthier and exercising more is the most efficient approach to controlling obesity or reducing weight.
What You Can Do to Fight With Facts About Obesity
- Increasing eating healthy foods like vegetables and fruits.
- Start doing exercise at least 3 hours a week. Children can do more exercise than adults. (45 minutes in a day is enough for children)
- Stop eating unhealthy foods like junk food and fast food.
- Stop drinking sugary beverages.
In addition, persons who follow healthy lifestyles and eat sensibly tend to be more successful at losing weight. While you are altering your lifestyle, you need support from your friends and family. One of the facts about obesity and weight loss is this.
Food Industry Is Another One of The Facts About Obesity
- They can decrease fat and sugar in their products.
- They can produce healthier products.
- They can ban foods that include too much sugar and fat.